Ed Tech Apps
Asterisks indicate affiliate links. Clicking them helps to support my work here and on YouTube.
NOTE: I NEVER (ever) recommend apps that I do not actually use or pay for myself.
Desktop Video Production
Mobile Video Production
Effective Contact / Engagement
- Padlet (I'm a Padlet addict and use it for face-to-face as well as online classes EVERY DAY.)
- Google Slides, Docs and Sheets for student collaborative work. If you've never used cloud-based apps for student collaborations, check out this article
- Notability for drawing in class, during office hours and for my own notes for meetings, etc.
- Outliner Pro for easy outlines / mindmaps
- Blrt allows you to talk, point and draw over just about anything
- BaiBoard HD is a virtual whiteboard
- Classroomscreen is a great F2F or online virtual whiteboard with some great features
- VoiceThread is an amazing communication option in an online environment
- Check out Doceri as well for presentations
- I use Air Camera if I don't have an Apple TV for live streaming from my iPhone or iPad camera to the screen
- Socrative is great for engagement and on-the-fly assessments
- Quizlet is my choice for live or asynchronous quizzes or student practice
- Kahoot! (games)
- Poll Everywhere (tons of different types of polls)
- Jamboard (collaborative cloud)
- Zoom annotations
- Zoom whiteboard
Organize Your Digital Life